The Tier 2 or Tier 3 program that I think could be cut or reduced is...

Pioneers Park Nature Center ($430K)

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Taking Charge AdminAdminTaking Charge Admin (Admin, Taking Charge) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Taking Charge AdminAdminTaking Charge Admin (Admin, Taking Charge) commented  · 

Summary

If you vote for this item to CUT, then you are suggesting that Pioneers Park Nature Center be closed. If you do NOT vote to cut this item, you are suggesting that the Pioneers Park Nature Center be funded to be kept open.

Background Information

The Pioneers Park Nature Center encompasses nearly 670 acres of native prairie, woodland and wetlands at the west end of Pioneers Park. The purpose of the facility is to encourage visitors to explore and learn about the natural history of Nebraska and the central Great Plains. The facility is open 362 days each year and offers eight miles of walking paths, exhibits of large and small native animals, two indoor facilities with exhibits and activities, and a variety of nature-themed classes and programs. The facility is open to the public free-of-charge, with registration fees charges for classes and programs. The annual operating cost for the Nature Center is about $560,000, with about $129,000 of revenue generated from class and program fees resulting in cost recovery of about 23 percent.

Implications and Consequences of CUTTING this item

If the Pioneers Park Nature Center is closed...
        ● Approximately 250,000 annual visitors would no longer be served.
        ● Approximately 20,000 people who register for classes and programs would no longer be served.

Feedback and Knowledge Base