The Tier 2 or Tier 3 program that I think could be cut or reduced is...

Financial support for economic development ($500K)

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Taking Charge AdminAdminTaking Charge Admin (Admin, Taking Charge) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeenyus I ain'tJeenyus I ain't commented  · 

Would like to see examples of how this money is spent.

• Taking Charge AdminAdminTaking Charge Admin (Admin, Taking Charge) commented  · 

Summary

If you vote for this item to be CUT, you are suggesting that City funding of a public-private economic development partnership be discontinued. If you do NOT vote to cut this item, you are suggesting that City funding a public-private economic development partnership be continued.

Background Information

The City of Lincoln provides funding to a joint public-private partnership between the City and the private sector to encourage economic development and job growth. The City contribution is combined with private contributions and utilized for business retention projects, new business recruitment, and existing business support services.

Implications and Consequences of CUTTING this item

If funding for LPED is discontinued...
        ● Fewer public dollars (i.e., $500,000 fewer) would support job creation projects.
        ● Private sector support would also decrease as the City dollars would no longer be there to attract private investment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base