Lincoln City Budget 2011: What budget cuts would you make?

Dear Lincoln Resident,

Many of you (over 2000 and counting!) have taken Lincoln’s online survey. (If you have not, please do! You can take it by going to lincoln.ne.gov and clicking on “Taking Charge Public Budget Survey” in the center box of the page.)

One common comment on the online survey is that residents would like to look at other programs for budget cuts. In preparation for the Community Conversation to be held on June 18th, we’ve set up this mini-site to take your suggestions for other program cuts that might help to balance the city budget.

Go to http://lincoln.ne.gov/city/mayor/takingcharge/program-prioritization.htm to see a full list of city programs, and the costs associated with each. This list is sortable by program type, cost, and “Tier” (lower Tiers designate higher-priority programs). The list also identifies which programs are already under discussion and on the online survey for potential cuts.

Note that, for the most part, Tier 0 (mandated) and Tier 1 (highest priority) programs, cannot be considered for cuts. However, there are more than 100 Tier 2 and Tier 3 programs that you may wish to consider.

Below, we’ve already listed those programs that are on the city survey. We invite you to suggest other programs that you would prefer to see cut, or vote on other people’s suggestions, here.

We will then discuss some of the more popular suggestions at the Community Conversation event on June 18th, 2011.

Note: If you would like to attend the June 18th event, indicate your willingness on the online survey (accessible from lincoln.ne.gov), or you can email ppc@nebraska.edu to see if there is still room at the event. We have a limited number of spaces available and are filling them on a first-come first-served basis. You may also wish to discuss these issues at the discussion web site: http://takingcharge2011discussion.iforums.us/

Thanks for your help!

The City of Lincoln

The Tier 2 or Tier 3 program that I think could be cut or reduced is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

You need to sign in to see your feedback.

Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Lincoln City Budget 2011: What budget cuts would you make?

Feedback and Knowledge Base